This sweet potato & red pepper bisque soup is probably one of my favorite soups. I was surprised that such a tasty little recipe would show up in a meal plan for a cleanse. Yet here I am, not even cleansing, and continuing to use this recipe. Just goes to show you that healthy eating isn’t really that bad. If you’re a huge sweet potato fan like me, this is perfect for you.
Sweet Potatoes contain almost twice the recommended daily allowance (RDA) of vitamin A, 42% of the RDA for vitamin c, and four times the RDA for beta carotene.
Sweet Potato & Red Pepper Bisque
(Makes 4 servings )
- 2 c. purified water
- 2 medium sweet potato (or yam), peeled, cubed
- 2 jars roasted red bell peppers
- 2 tsp. finely grated ginger root
- 3 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp. chickpea miso paste, mixed with 2 Tbsp. hot water
- 2 c. vegetable broth or water
- Salt to taste