Her whole life, Hannah struggled with minor eczema. Then about 7 years ago, after getting married and graduating college, the eczema got pretty severe and still wouldn’t go away after all the creams that she was prescribed. She was experimenting with getting off of gluten and dairy thinking she might have an allergy. None of these interventions were working until she started looking into detoxification for your body.
Skin issues are often liver issues. So she started giving her body a gentle cleanse by being particular about the foods she ate and getting rid of the chemicals in her home. She found through these simple changed, that her eczema started to heal. Since making the changed, her eczema cleared and she hasn’t suffered since.
Toxins can manifest in different ways for everyone:
- Thyroid issues
- Skin issues (eczema, psoriasis)
- Digestive disturbances
- Feeling bloated
- Mood imbalances
- Hormonal imbalances (PMS)
*There are more symptoms listed in my PPD Root Cause Quiz. You can take the quiz and figure out if toxic overload is an issue for you.
Detox Symptoms (give it a month or two!)
- Your skin issues can get worse.
- Break outs
Just remember, if you continue to the road, you have to rip the band-aid now before it gets worse.
Where are Your Toxins Coming From?
Skincare products, make-up, cleaning products, processed foods, air we breath, fertilizer in grass, water (unless you have a filter).
The good news? Companies are coming out with more natural products so you don’t have to make it!
You can check out the safety of your products as well by going to the EWG rating. Also, not mentioned, is the app called Think Dirty. You can scan your products and it’ll rate your product as well.
How Do You Reduce Your Toxic Load
- Think of one product you use the most and replace it with something cleaner. Then go from there. Always wait until you run out of the product so you don’t waste it.
- Support your body’s systems to cope with the toxins better.: Your main detoxification systems are the colon, kidney, lungs, skin, and liver. If you’re supporting them nutritionally, and you’re bombarded with toxins you’re body can break it down and let it go much quicker. Green smoothie and green juices are perfect to help with this. Lemon water first thing in the morning is great to activate your liver and help start the filtering process.
- Dry skin brushing: You take a soft bristle brush and brushing your skin. This will stimulate your lymphatic system Your lymphatic doesn’t move unless you stimulate you, whether that’s exercise, dry brushing, rebounding (jumping on a trampoline) or a massage.
- Purify your water: Berkey is a great filter! Hannah and I both use it.
Where You Can Find Hannah?
Don't Miss An Episode!
Mom brain is real!
Be notified when another episode comes out.
(1st Monday of every month.)