Hi and welcome! I’m Katie Flores, certified holistic health coach + postpartum depression survivor.
I provide a natural approach for moms struggling with postpartum depression so they can show up as their happiest self while being the best mom they always dreamed they’d be.
As an integrative nutrition health coach, mother, and advocate, I’ve discovered that postpartum depression can happen based on a variety of circumstances, but the missing factor for me and what most doctors overlook, was that I needed to treat it nutritionally. My postpartum depression was a symptom, not the final answer.
Tell me if you can relate to these feelings I had:
- Waking up and dreaming of when you can sleep again because you wake up feeling like you’ve been hit by a bus.
- You make your first pot of coffee realizing you forgot the coffee grinds, because that brain fog totally kicks you in the butt.
- It’s finally time to go to sleep and you’re exhausted from the days events, yet you’re still so wired thinking of all the things you didn’t finish.
- You feel like you’ve done so much in a day but when you look back you realize you didn’t get anything finished.
- The thought of PMS freaks you out because you’re depression or anxiety is always at it’s all-time high (on top of those unbearable cramps).
You know your body better than anyone.
Often times, mothers are told:
“The symptoms are in your head.”
“That’s just how motherhood is.”
“You have postpartum depression.”
It’s time to be taken seriously and figure out an answer once and for all.
That’s where I come in, I’m here to help you:
- Figure out a proper diagnosis by giving you resources to become your own advocate.
- Give you nutritional advice. Because from experience I know that you can do all the stress management techniques, but without addressing your nutritional deficiencies, the anxiety and depression will always linger.
- Create meal plans through recipes that are easy to transition you and your family from the Standard American Diet. All the recipes are approved by me and curated by my executive chef husband, Jimmie Flores.
- Round everything out with self-care suggestions, mindset shifts, and stress management techniques that are easy to add to your day because as a mother your time is super valuable!
So Who Am I?
I’m a wife.
I’m a mother.
I’m a certified holistic health coach.
I’m a work-at-home mom.
I’m a postpartum depression survivor.
I’m a friend.
I’m an advocate for those struggling with postpartum depression.
I’m a maker of smoothies and gluten-free desserts. (I’ll never give up baking ;))
I’m a juggler.
I’m a root cause rebel. Seeking to find the answers behind the symptoms of postpartum depression.
And above all, I’m like YOU. Still trying to be ME and navigating my life through all these other titles.
I teach the tools, techniques, and tips to either supplement your doctor’s advice or be your natural approach.
I learned this through my life experience. Everything I read said postpartum depression would only last until one year postpartum. Mine started at 1 1/2 years postpartum and continued until I found the proper diagnosis. After a year of shifting my mindset, adding in more alone time and self-care, and practicing stress management techniques, I still felt empty. It wasn’t until a doctor did the proper testing and told me my thyroid was off and I was suffering with adrenal fatigue. I addressed my nutritional deficiency, changed my diet, and continued the stress management. And when I started feeling better, my family life improved 100%. My relationship with my husband changed, and the mom I always wanted to be, started shining through. I can’t get those 2 years back with my daughter, but you can!
Which is why I’m here to help you do the same.
I’m Katie and I would love to share how I got rid of the postpartum depression, found my happy place, and created my own version of what the perfect mom looks like. I’ve worked with women internationally, showing them stress management, habits, and even nutrition to help them feel like SUPER MOM.
Keep In Touch
Be sure to join my list below to get strategies for nourishing your home, your family, and, most importantly, yourself.